Flight Instructor Certificate
The flight instructor certificate allows the pilot to teach the art of flying to aspiring private and commercial pilots. It requires considerable knowledge and the ability to properly teach a subject and fulfill the responsibilities of this important position.
The course, based on two or three sessions per week, normally takes about three months.
- No minimum flight time requirements
- 18 years of age
- Commercial pilot certificate
- Instrument rating
Flight Training Sequence:
- Fundamentals of instruction
- Teaching technical subjects
- Teaching flight maneuvers and procedures
- Review for the two FAA written tests
- Review for the FAA checkride