The flight instructor certificate allows the pilot to teach the art of flying to aspiring private and commercial pilots. It requires considerable knowledge and the ability to properly teach a subject and fulfill the responsibilities of this important position.
The course, based on two or three sessions per week, normally takes about three months.
- No minimum flight time requirements
- 18 years of age
- Commercial pilot certificate
- Instrument rating
Flight Training Sequence:
- Fundamentals of instruction
- Teaching technical subjects
- Teaching flight maneuvers and procedures
- Review for the two FAA written tests
- Review for the FAA checkride